Welcome to Mr. Robot’s redesigned site, chalked full of features that users have been asking for.
User Accounts: Now you can save settings for each character, and use them on any computer and any device. There are a few other nifty things user accounts lets us build in for you, like removing characters from your recent list.
The Mobile App will is moving to the web. If you already own the mobile app, you should really read this.
New Features: We think you’ll really like the new stuff we’ve added.
- Lock any gem / enchant / reforge! You asked for it, we listened. Now you can lock in that expensive enchant you’re sick of Mr. Robot changing. Or that 150 gold reforge swap that only moved around 10 int and 10 hit to get your closer to the hit cap. No worries, just lock in what you want and Mr. Robot will optimize around it. You can also select new gems (etc) and put lock them in as well. You will see a gray dotted line around anything you locked.
- Shopping list: Look for the shopping icon on the menu bar to pull up the shopping list. Mr. Robot tallies all of the gems and enchants you need (and associated materials) to go fishing on the Auction House or beg your friends.
- Exclude any item: everyone wants different filters, and if we add them all the tool would become bloated and confusing. Instead, we give users the option to exclude any item(s) from the optimizer, so that Mr. Robot never suggests them for BiS.
- Remove characters from your recent list: that’s right, now there is a big X next to everyone on the recent list, so you can get rid of the ones you never use.
- Optimal bar: we added a snazzy colored bar to show how optimal your are, based on your settings. The width of the bar (in any view) is the BiS score for your settings. If you’re on the armory tab, it will show you how optimal your actual gear is, and show a little arrow indicating where you could be if you optimized with Mr. Robot. When you’re on the optimized tab, the bar shows your optimized score, and the little arrow indicates where you were with your last optimization. That way, if you change settings and re-optimize, you can quickly see if it’s better or worse.
- Updated filters: we did a little house-cleaning on the filters, removing the ones that weren’t very important (like exalted rep) and adding in more relevant ones (like include/exclude molten front rewards).
- Epic gem rules: we added in an option to control when Mr. Robot will suggest epic gems for your gear. You can tell him to only put epic gems in T13 heroic gear, or if you’re rich you can just tell Mr. Robot to put epic gems in all of your gear.
- Stat weight updates: we have a new UI for editing stat weights, we hope you like it. We also added in the option to automatically change the stat weights between raids and 5mans (since the caps are the only thing that changes).
Miscellaneous Little Stuff:
- Healer filters: we updated the healer preferences to show what it changes, instead of being a black box.
- Gem sockets: the gems now have a colored border around them to indicate the socket color. Enjoy!
- Generic characters: we still let you load generic characters, we just moved the option to the load menu.
- Automatic optimization: there is no more optimization button, we hope that’s ok. You will just be optimized all the time, whenever you change something. That’s actually how it worked on the old site, we just ‘hid’ the changes until you pushed the button… Robots know humans like pushing buttons. But he removed it now, to make sure the UI wasn’t cluttered.
- Faster load times: we optimized a lot of the code to make your characters load faster. We’ve grown from 10,000 users in January to over 4 million 11 months later! It was time to refactor the code for scalability.
- 4.3 Bugs: there have a been a few bugs on the site after the 4.3 update, like valor items not categorized under the right filters. Those have ALL been fixed with this launch.
Mr. Robot’s Premium Features: For those of you who love the advanced tools, or just love our favorite metallic friend, you might want to upgrade to a premium account. Every premium account comes with every feature, for every game, we ever make. Just $12 / year (that’s $1 a month for those of you who leave math up to the robots).
- No Ads! (he might put his own smiling face in the ad spots instead, if you ask nicely)
- The Mobile App
- RoboCouncil, on the web and mobile
- Protection during the Robot Apocalypse (a smart move, human)
- Coming in early 2012: The Gear Planner ($5 when bought separately)
- Coming in early 2012: SWTOR tools! Woohoo!
You can get a free trial of any of those products. In fact, Mr. Robot insists you start a free trial for the mobile app, just to make sure it works on your phone before you spend the money. Each premium feature can also be bought separately, and if you later want to upgrade to a full premium account, Mr. Robot will put your original purchase toward the price of the premium account (he doesn’t want you to waste your money).