Welcome to Mr. Robot’s Quick-Start Guide. This is a neutral zone, so please leave your lightsabers and blaster pistols with the Jawa attendant at the door (who may or may not tinker with them, which may or may not result in an upgrade or an explosion).
Mr. Robot’s goal is the make games more fun for humans by providing easy-to-use web tools. To get started, he needs a representation of your in-game character, out of game. Once that’s established, the real fun can begin… tailoring gear options to your character, looking up your friends’ characters, and eventually, optimizing your gear.
- Create an account (look for the orange register button at the top of the site). If you don’t formally introduce yourself to Mr. Robot, he won’t be able to remember what characters belong to you. Once you register, his memory chip activates and he can save all of your characters and settings to your account.
- Click the “New” Icon in the menu strip and follow the wizard. On the last screen, Mr. Robot will ask if you want to publish the character to the Armory. This will allow other people to search for your character, and it’s recommended to only publish one profile per character (the main one you want people to see). You can change all of your character’s information at any time, including adding or removing it from the armory, by clicking the edit button next to your character’s name.
- Equip your gear! Click the “Gear Editor” tab, then select a slot to add some gear. Mr. Robot automatically filters the list to items relevant to your class and stats. But feel free to filter the list even further or search for items by name right from the item list. Be sure to check out Mr. Robot’s favorite filter, “Match Profile” under the “Usable By” section – he will automatically filter out items that you can’t equip. For example, if you’re a Biochemist, he won’t suggest BoP synthweaving items, and he won’t suggest gear that has a Dark III rank or higher, if you’re only Dark I.
- Save your profile! Click the save button in the menu strip. If you want to make a copy and not save over an old profile, click “Save As.”
- Fill in the extras: skills, datacrons, and companions.
- Set up your skill tree by clicking the “Skills” icon in the menu strip. You know how to do the rest.
- Did you get any datacrons yet? If so, be sure to select them from the “Datacron” icon in the menu strip. This will make sure your in-game stats match the ones Mr. Robot has on file for you. You can find a list of the datacrons you’ve acquired under the codex tab in the missions menu in-game.
- Set up your companion’s gear if you’d like! It’s pretty handy for leveling, actually. When your companion can’t be summoned (while you’re in a flashpoint or he/she is running a mission for you) just ask Mr. Robot what your companion is wearing to see if something is an upgrade.
Looking for a special someone? Just search for any character name, if they are in the Armory, Mr. Robot will find them. You can also search by guild and see who’s listed and what they are wearing. Try searching for your own guild – if you’re the only one listed, tell your friends to get with the program!
Mr. Robot is working with a few other tool developers so they can import characters from Mr. Robot’s armory, and possibly even entire guilds too!
Check Back For New Features
Mr. Robot and his minions are hard at work creating new features. For example, very soon, he will be releasing signatures soon so your can show off your characters.
Tell Mr. Robot what you’d like to see next, and get notified as features launch.
Follow @AskMrRobot on Twitter