Talk about a perfect project for Mr. Robot – he’s a data analysis MACHINE!
Combat Log Features
- Easy uploading: You can find your combat log in under “My Documents > Star Wars – The Old Republic > Combat Logs.” If the folder is empty, make sure you have “Enable Combat Logging” checked in your preferences menu in-game.
- Share reports with friends: You can share a link to any report, any view.
- Merge logs with friends: It’s super easy, and automatic! More on that later in this post. If you’re having trouble with merging, see our ‘help!‘ post.
- No login required: You can upload anything you want, and merge with friends all day long, never logging in. However, if you want a history of your logs, Mr. Robot suggests you create an account, because he’ll remember them for you next time you return.
How to Upload & Merge Logs
Step 1: Upload your combat log. You can upload a log with the original file name (which has the date in it), or a log with a custom name.Step 2: Select the time zone of the log you uploaded. If you changed the name of your log, like I did in this example (zoopercatz_BT.txt), Mr. Robot will ask you for the date. Why? Because the original log file has the date in the name, and since I changed it, he doesn’t know what date this happened.
Next Step: Check for related logs! Here’s how this works: Mr. Robot looks through your log for player names, then searches to see if he can find logs from those players. There’s a few things worth noting:
- In my log, Erlking shows up because he healed me, so Mr. Robot looks for Erlking’s log. Since Erlking didn’t upload his log yet, Mr. Robot won’t find a related log.
- Let’s say we are in a big raid group, it’s possible only 5 of the 16 players show up in my log, but maybe the 6th player’s log is also uploaded. Mr. Robot lets you enter other player’s names so he can look for them. If he finds one, and the logs match, he’ll let you merge them.
- Mr. Robot tries to prevent people from merging in the wrong log, which would mess up everyone else’s nice merged report. So he checks a few extra things (like boss fight start times) and looks for a match. Right now, at least 20% of the fights have to match. This may be too loose or too tight of a restriction. So please report logs that don’t work so we can take a look.
- If you are SURE your log should be merging with one that already exists and it isn’t working, do two things. 1) Send the logs to vee (at] askmrrobot dottttz com. We’ll use it for troubleshooting and bug fixing. 2) Give all of the logs to one person, and have them upload at the same time by selecting multiple files during the upload process. Be sure to choose the right time zone for ONE of the players.
Below is a screen you’ll see if Mr. Robot doesn’t find a related log, in this case, I am the first person to upload the log.
If you’re having trouble merging logs, see our ‘help!‘ post.
- You can choose to look at all fights, or just boss fights.
- You can also look at all targets, or just one
- Clicking on a player will show you stats just for that one player
- When looking at a particular player, you get an extra report, called “Other Effects” that show buffs, debuffs, potions used, etc.
- You can use the ‘breadcrumb’ trail (in blue) to get back to other reports. For example, if you clicked on a player for a detailed report and want to see ALL players again, just use the blue breadcrumb trail.
- When looking at the report for all players, you get overall damage for each player for each fight. (sample report)
- To see how much damage a player did with each ability, click on a player, more details show up (sample report)
- To see damage taken from the boss, by ability: choose the fight you want to see from the ‘fight’ list, then click on a player in the chart. Next, select the target from the target list. Then go to the ‘damage taken tab.’ You’ll see a report like this.
- Check out the “Other Effects” tab to see buffs, debuff and more (sample report)
- When looking at the report for all players, you see how much healing each player did for the selected fight. (sample report)
- If you want to see a breakdown by ability, click on the healer’s name and see what heals they used. (sample report)
- If you want to see how much each healer healed someone, you can do that too. Click on the person you want to see ‘heals received’ for, click on the ‘heals received’ tab and you’ll see who healed for how much. Check it out below.
- Q: My log didn’t merge with someone else, and I KNOW they uploaded it.
A: Mr. Robot requires that a few things match so people can’t merge unrelated logs. Did one of you input the wrong information? It could be that someone put in the wrong time zone for their log, or the wrong date. Also, the server and zones (flashpoint / operation) have to match. The guild does NOT have to match, since you could have puggers in the group. See this post with detailed information about the merge process.
- Q: Can I upload more than one log at a time?
A: YES (and no!). You can upload multiple logs if they are from the same group. For instance, I can upload my log and 3 of my friend’s logs (which they emailed to me) from a flashpoint. Just select multiple files during the upload process. Do NOT upload multiple logs from different runs, Mr. Robot will think they are supposed to match and his head might light on fire.
- Q: Can I merge PVP logs?
A: You can upload and analyze PVP logs, but you cannot merge them. The reason is that people’s server names and other info isn’t in the log. A log might also have 5 different PVP matches in it, with a ton of different players. So merging wouldn’t work unless the same 10 people fought against the same other 10 people match after match.
- Q: Help, I can’t find the link to my log, where did it go?
A: If you are logged in, Mr. Robot will keep a list of all previous logs (and related logs) that you’ve uploaded (see example). You can get back to that view by clicking the “Home” link in the blue breadcrumb trail. If you do not have an account, you’ll want to bookmark your reports to find them again. If you didn’t bookmark it and you’re desperate (I’ve been there!), try typing swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/ into your address bar on the same computer you viewed it on before. It will populate some previous urls, one should be your report.
- Q: I uploaded a log and picked the wrong date, how can I merge with my guild now?
A: Re-upload your log and pick the right settings. Viola!
- Q: I merged a log with another one that I didn’t want merged, can I fix it?
A: You can upload the log again, just pick a different date.
- Q: I think I found a bug.
A: Send us the info! If it’s something wrong with your report, it’s helpful to give us the log(s) in question as well.