Patch 5.1 will allow you to upgrade any piece of gear by spending Valor, Conquest, Justice and Honor points. Mr. Robot is working on updating the site to let you play with the upgrades. Until we finish that, have fun browsing Wowdb – they have a great list of upgradeable items.
Also, please note that Blizzard will not have the upgraded items in the armory API right away. Once they do, Mr. Robot will be able to import them with your character.
- You can upgrade items with an iLevel of 458 or higher. Justice/Honor is used to upgrade level 458-463. Valor/Conquest upgrades level 470-516 gear.
- Items can be upgraded by a total of 8 iLevels. Get a full list of upgradeable items on wowdb.
- It costs 750 Valor/Conquest to upgrade +4 iLevels, on epic gear. You can upgrade twice for a total of 1500 Valor/Conquest and +8 iLevels.
- It costs 1500 Justice/Honor to upgrade +8 iLevels. You can only upgrade once.
- Gems, enchants and reforges are preserved.
- You do not choose what stats are upgraded, it’s automatic based on the iLevel.
- Upgrades are non-refundable, so make sure it’s the one you want!
- A list of non-obvious things than can currently be upgraded – as long as they are iLevel 458 or higher:
- DMF Trinkets
- Crafted gear
- Inscription staves
What will Mr. Robot be doing?!
- We’re working on updating the UI to let you manually play with different Valor/Conquest/Justice/Honor upgrades. We hope to have that out later this week (next week at the latest). When it’s live, we’ll try to make it obvious… Mr. Robot already made a rainbow-colored blinking, scrolling notification… but we might talk him down from that a bit
- We are working on a feature that will suggest the best Valor/Conquest/Justice/Honor upgrades for you. We will have that out later this year.
Get more great info from mmo-champion’s 5.1 post.
PS: Thanks to MMO-Champion for having so many screenshots. I used their images to make the ones on this blog post.