We'll be updating this post with changes to the site. Check back often to find out what's going on. You can also read our overview of 5.2 changes and how they affect your gear. When you're ready, Mr. Robot is waiting to optimize your character!
Quick list of what's done (and what's not)
- Current issues being worked on (see below)
- Stat weights are in flux as SimC gets updated. Click here for details about each spec.
- Trinket procs are simulated, scored and ranked
- Set bonuses are estimated, as many of them are not implemented in SimC yet.
- Most 5.2 items and their sources are in, some of the Heroic Thunderforged items are still not showing up in game.
- You can find all sorts of new upgrades in the Upgrade finder (including Valor, new raid drops, etc)
- New 5.2 filters have been added to the options menu
Issues being worked on (and resolved)
- DONE 3/6/13: Ghostcrawler posted new trinket estimates. We are updating them, re-simulating them, and will have new scores in the optimizer shortly
- DONE 3/6/13: Ghostcrawler posted new legendary meta gem information. We are updating those and will have new scores in the optimizer shortly. Note, you can turn the legendary metas on/off in the options menu.
- DONE: 3/6/13: Fixed the Nimble and Confounded Jade gems
- DONE 3/7/13: Some trinkets have restrictions, like Gaze of the Twins will only proc for STRENGTH users. We are updating these restrictions.
- DONE 3/7/13: Added in new thunderforged items (and other items) as they show up in game
- ONGOING: Most recent stat weight updates: 3/7/13. Get updates on all of our stat weight changes here. (note, the blog post is slightly ahead of our next update, these changes will take effect later today).
- 3/6/13: We are separating out Mogu Runes of Fate from Elder Charms.
We're running new stat weights for every class and spec, and we use SimC to do this. Here's an in-depth look at how we generate stat weights and specifics about 5.2 stat weight updates for each class. Anyway, a lot of the classes don't have updated weights because there are some kinks in SimC that are still being worked on. They have a LOT of classes/specs to maintain and they are doing their best to get it all updated.
We have all of the LFR, Normal and Heroic 5.2 trinket procs simulated, scored, and ranked. We have the Thunderforged items scored and ranked if the item is showing up in-game - most of the Heroic Thunderforged trinkets aren't live yet. If you're wondering how we score them, you can read this blog post. Some trinkets, like Rune of Re-origination, are dependent on your personal stats. When you look at them in the ranked lists, Mr. Robot is using your stats to score the item. Be sure to brush up on how relative vs absolute ranking works in Mr. Robot's gear lists.
It looks like a lot of the 5.2 trinkets are struggling to beat out the 5.0 trinkets, so you might see a level 502 or even a 489 outscore a new 522 trinket. That's definitely possible - be sure to read the notes on each trinket if you question Mr. Robot's ranking. If you still think something is suspicious, post on our forums and we'll dig into it. If you need a little help to understand why a particular trinket is ranking high or low, hit us up on the forums too. Math is Mr. Robot's strong suit, so we're happy to translate math into words
We simulate set bonuses in SimC and then turn the procs into relevant stats (much like we do with trinkets). However, since most of the set bonuses are not implemented in SimC yet, we just guestimated the set bonuses right now. We will update these with better estimates as more data is available.
If you want to ensure you have a 4pc bonus in your BiS list, you can lock the item in. Just click on the item you want to lock and it will open a gear list. Select the set piece and click the save button. That item will have a gray dotted line around it in the gear list now, which indicates that it is locked.
There's a new mechanic in 5.2: Normal and Heroic bosses can drop Thunderforged items, which are 6 iLevels higher than usual. That means they are level 528 (instead of 522 for normal) and 541 (instead of 535 for heroic). You will see it on the tooltips.
We are working with WoWDB on grabbing all of the items - both of us are scanning daily to get new items from the game. Most of the Heroic-Thunderforged items are currently missing from the game data. We will add them in as they show up.
Find upgrades for 5.2!
We have the "Find Upgrades" feature updated with all of the 5.2 content. If you're wondering what to spend valor on, we've got you covered. If you want to know what LFR Queues have the most upgrades, we've got that too. And of course, since there are new crafted items, Mr. Robot will also tell you which crafted items are upgrades.
Just click the 'find upgrade' button to get your lists. I'm sure you'll find Mr. Robot to be VERY helpful! It's like having a personal shopper - it never turns out bad!
5.2 Filters in the options menu
You can now select T15 Heroic gear, include/exclude Thunderforged items, and include/exclude the Legendary meta gems. This is in addition to all of the other neato options, so be sure to check out that menu.
Ready? Get Optimizing!
Want more info, here are other 5.2 related posts: