Ask Mr. Robot will have updated 5.4 data Monday night!
# 1 New raid: Siege of Orgrimmar
Item levels are as follows:
- LFR: 528
- Flex: 540 (more on flex in #6 of this list)
- Normal: 553 / Warforged 559
- Heroic: 566 / Warforged 572
- ToT (for reference): Normal 522, Heroic 535
Required iLevel to get into Siege of Orgrimmar: 496.
Throne of Thunder’s requirement is still 480.
New bonus roll currency: Warforged seals. These are still a weekly quest, where you turn in 50 lesser charms of good fortune. Make sure you have 50 charms saved up for patch day, so you can get your bonus rolls right away. (And don’t forget, Mr. Robot can help you find the best bosses to spend your bonus rolls on). Mogu Runes of Fate will drop off Timeless Isle mobs, in case you still need those.
Tokens drop from the following bosses:
- Leggings: Klaxxi Paragons
- Shoulders: Siegecrafter Blackfuse
- Helm: Thok the Bloodthirsty
- Gloves: General Nazgrim
- Chest: Sha of Pride
Release schedule (source):
- LFR: Wing 1 opens Sept 17, wing 2 on Sept 24, wing 3 on Oct 8, and wing 4 on Oct 22
- Flex: Wing 1 opens on Sept 10, wing 2 on Sept 17, wing 3 on Oct 1, wing 4 on Oct 15
- Normal: open day of patch
- Heroic: open Sept 17 and requires a normal Garrosh kil
The chance to win loot in old raids has been increased, including Throne of Thunder (source).
#2 Valor Upgrades
The valor upgrade vendors will stay around in Patch 5.4. AND you can stockpile your Valor as it will not be reset in 5.4 (stated by Ghostcrawler in a podcast interview on Twizzcast). Let Mr. Robot help you spend that stock piled Valor too – when 5.4 launches, we’ll have all of the new items ready to go!
#3 Legendary Quest
- Tigerfang Wrap > Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen
- Tigerclaw Cape > Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen
- Cranewing Cloak > Jina-Kang, Kindness of Chi-Ji
- Oxhoof Greatcloak > Qian-Le, Courage of Niuzao
- Oxhorn Bladebreaker > Qian-Ying, Fortitude of Niuzao
- Jadefire Drape > Xing-Ho, Breath of Yu’lon
Not caught up yet?! No need to worry. The first 8 bosses of Siege of Orgrimmar will drop all of the tokens you’ll need: sigils, secrets and runestones (source).
The legendary cloaks are intended to be obtained fairly early in the patch. Blizzard stated they want you to be able to use the cape to progress through content, instead of getting it after the content seems easy. For more legendary quest information, visit Perculia’s thorough guide.
#4 Timeless Isle Gear & New Currency
You can get BoA iLevel 496 gear on the Timeless Isle (see a list of the timeless token gear on this MMO-Champion news post). You ‘create’ those items from tokens that you get around the area, similar to Battlefield: Barrens armor tokens. You can get these tokens from:
- Chests that spawn around the isle (where to find them and the associated map)
- Drops from mobs (rare chance to drop)
- You can also buy them from the vendor for 7,500 Timeless Coins
You can turn the 496 gear into 535 gear with a Burden of Eternity. But there’s a catch that’s been reported from people on the PTR. You must upgrade the 496 token with the Burden of Eternity to 535, then turn it into an item. It appears you cannot upgrade an already existing piece of this 496 gear. Where to get Burdens of Eternity:
- Blazing chests: found in the western part of the Ordos Sanctuary (marked as #5 on this map). They reportedly have a guaranteed chance to contain a Burden of Eternity, but they are hard to get to because of the number of elites in the area.
- Drops from rare mobs
- Buy them from the vendor for 50,000 Timeless Coins
- From completing the quest, “The Archiereus of Flame“
Get a super detailed guide to the chest locations and macros to find them with TomTom.
You can also buy BoP 476 weapons and shields from Mistweaver Ai for 10,000 Timeless Coins for 1H weapons and 20,000 Timeless Coins for 2H weapons.
Where to get Timeless Coins:
They have a chance to drop from mobs and be contained in chests, so you’ll gather them as you run around the Isle. There’s also a bunch of quests that reward a small amount of coins. Here are a few of the repeatable quests with larger reward amounts:
- Weekly: “Empowering the Hourglass” – A collection quest. Rewards 200 Valor and 1000 Timeless Coins.
- Weekly: “Strong Enough to Survive” – Kill 5 rare creatures on the Isle. Rewards 1000 Timeless Coins.
- Weekly: “Celestial Tournament” - There’s a new pet ‘tournament’ where you have to fight a series of 6 pet trainers without healing in between. Completing the quest rewards 1000 Timeless Coins, 125 Valor, and a Celestial Coin (3 coins buys you fancy pets!!).
- Daily: “Little Tommy Newcomer” – Daily pet battle. Rewards 500 Timeless Coins.
- Daily: “A Timeless Question” – You answer a multiple choice question to earn 100 coins.
#5 BoA Epic Weapons & Items
#4 in the list talked about iLevel 496 BoA tokens you can get from the Timeless Isles. You can also get BoA epic weapons from Garrosh Hellscream (end boss of Siege of Orgrimmar). They drop from Flex, Normal and Heroic. However, it’s been noted by Blizzard that the final iLevels are not yet set, so keep that in mind when browsing the items.
List of all of the new BoA items (including the armor from the Timeless Isle).
#6 Changes to Raids & Realms
- Flex raiding! If you don’t know what this is, it’s a new mode for raids that let’s you have anywhere between 10 and 25 people (say, 14 friends) and the bosses scale up or down depending on the number of people you have. You can also do these raids with friends on other realms, so be sure to check out OpenRaid (US and EU) and get organized. They have their own lockout, separate from LFR and Normal/Heroic. The gear rewards are better than LFR but not as good as normal. Read Blizzard’s post about flex raiding.
- Queue for multiple LFR wings! You can now queue for multiple LFR wings at the same time, hopefully this makes your queuing more efficient
- Connected realms. NOTE: This will launch shortly after 5.4, not WITH 5.4. Some realms are going to be joined together and act like they are 1 realm. You can join guilds, use chat, and all of the normal things you could do if it was 1 server. One of the things that makes this better than merging realms: everyone gets to keep their character names and guild names, without worrying about duplicates. Here’s more info on the connected realms from Blizzard. I don’t think there is an official list of realms that will be connected yet… if you see it before I do, leave a comment with the link.
#7 World Bosses and their Loot
There are 4 celestial raid bosses, which according to PTR data appear to drop the gloves and legs set token (553 item Level) and 522 level PvP gear. You can find these bosses at the ancient proving grounds in the middle of the Timeless Isle.
And then the special boss, Ordos.
Blizzard explains it well, “We’re taking another look at a hardcore world boss intended for end-game progression raiders. This new world boss, Ordos, provides a few unique challenges. For starters, to even reach Ordos, you must have received the final Legendary cloak from Wrathion on any of your characters. In addition, once the battle has begun, players will not be allowed to enter or leave the Ordon sanctuary where the boss resides.”
- Get your legendary cloak! And a reminder: the first 8 bosses of the Siege of Orgrimmar drop all of the tokens you need to catch up on the quest (sigils, secrets, and runes).
- According to PTR data, Ordos drops warforged versions of all of your favorite fan-based items, like Zoo-Per’s Superior Chestguard (that’s me!), Damien’s Ice-Vein Mask (from icy-veins), or Olivia’s Graceful Gaze (from wow insider).
#8 New Faction and Changes to Old Faction Costs
Changes to old faction costs (from the patch notes):
- Epic quality (purple) Valor items sold by the Shado-Pan Assault now have their reputation requirements reduced to Friendly or below, and have their Valor Point cost reduced by 34%. Items that require exalted still require exalted.
- Epic quality (purple) Valor items sold by all other Mists of Pandaria faction quartermasters no longer have reputation requirements, and will now cost Justice Points instead of Valor.
- Rare quality (blue) items have their Justice Point cost reduced by 75%.
# 9 Haste Changes & How It Affects You!
Before 5.4, Haste increased the proc rate of your “RPPM” (real proc-per minute) Trinkets and Legendary Meta Gem. That means, the more Haste you had, the more often it would proc. Well that will no longer be happening in 5.4, for trinkets that already get a benefit from Haste.
For example, Breath of the Hydra gives a bonus to Intellect when it procs. Haste will let you get more casts off while that proc is active, which means more damage , so Blizzard is removing the Haste scaling from its RPPM formula. Horridon’s Last Gasp, on the other hand, just restores mana. The amount of mana doesn’t change based on how much Haste you have, so the Haste scaling on the RPPM will still work on this trinket.
#10 Class Changes
The patch notes contain all of the nitty-gritty details for each class, so I am not going to review them again. But I did want to share a blog post Blizzard published, that explains WHY they are making the changes they are to each class.
BONUS! Mr. Robot’s Fancy Features & his 5.4 In-Game Mod
- Our in-game mod is live!!! Watch the preview video and download it from Curse.
- Our new optimization algorithm will tell you when he’s 100% confident he got you the absolute best optimization. Learn more about our recent site update and features.
- We now support dual-specs.
- We have updated stat weights with 5.4, and will be tweaking them over the weeks following the patch as theorycrafting develops.