Mr. Robot wants a makeover! I think all of the S.E.L.F.I.E.’s have made him want something new and shiny so he can look his best in pictures. And who am I to say NO to Mr. Robot? So of course, I’m helping him turn his dream into a reality.
Request for New Logo
We are officially accepting sketches for a new Ask Mr. Robot logo. You will submit them privately so no one can copy your idea. This is not a contest, this is a process for us to find an artist to hire to design a new logo and future logo-related projects. Some details to help you get started:
- Logo & Header: needs to fit nicely on the site, preferably in a horizontal layout. That’s why we have just Mr. Robot’s head up there right now, along with the words “Ask Mr. Robot.” While that can be an option, so can a full robot (like the reddit logos). Really, anything goes! We want to tap into YOUR creativity. Start fresh.
- Stand-alone: the logo (or another version of it) should look good as a stand-alone item. For example, putting Mr. Robot’s current orange head on a T-Shirt or a postcard looks a bit odd.
- Custom work: The artist we choose would ideally be able to do continued work on variations of the logo. For example, when Warlords of Draenor launched, it would have been cool to have a FULL ROBOT (not just the head) dressed up / posing for the expansion. Right now, I piece together other images as best as I can, but we want REAL art.
Submit Your Work
- Email submissions to feedback -at- askmrrobot dot com (escaped to avoid crawlers).
- Rough sketches are all we need right now. If for some reason, we have questions or don’t quite understand what you are going for, we will give you feedback and accept follow up sketches.
- Link to your best art: since we’re working off sketches, we’d also like to see an example of some of the art you’ve already done. This will help us envision where the sketch is going to end up.
- Payment: in your email, include what you’d like to be paid for the original logo, and your rate for additional variations (like Mr. Robot dressed up for Blizzcon).
- Feedback: we will have an open dialog with each artist, giving feedback and asking questions before any final decisions are made.
March 23, 2015 is our current deadline, and we may adjust it depending on the # of submissions. The earlier you send us your sketches, the sooner we can give feedback to review re-submissions.
We love artists and are continuously amazed at the talent out there. We’ve hired 5 other artists in the past for various projects, and feel like we’re easy to work with @Ammosart and @Cadistra are the 2 latest artists we’ve hired
And of course, last year we coordinated a Blizzard Fan Art gallery at our Blizzcon party. We plan to do it again so if that interests you, let us know in the email or the comments here. All art is donated by the artists (but printed and mounted by us), displayed during the party, then given away (free) at the end of the night.