There are a few different issues that might be affecting you:
- Long load times: if you are seeing a long load time (more than 10 seconds), your character doesn’t load, or after waiting for a long time you get an ‘error 0′ – then you’re affected by the intermittent armory time-outs. They started on 3/21/14, and we contacted Blizzard to report the issue. Stay tuned. How to fix it: the problem seems intermittent, so you can try to load your character again in 5 minutes. There is no other workaround.
- You try to load your character and Mr. Robot can’t find it. That’s an ongoing issue with characters that were part of a server merge. How to fix it: There is a total hack (it’s VERY hackish), but you can ‘fake’ Mr. Robot into loading your character.
- You try to update your character and Mr. Robot can’t find it. There’s two possible issues: one is related to characters on servers that were merged. Another is related to a recent patch. How to fix: you can update your character with our mod (it’s free, no need for premium). Instructions are below.
Other possible troubleshooting things to fix ‘character not found’ issues. If the armory or the api seem to not be working or updating properly, Blizzard suggests logging in and out of the game (completely out). We also suggest that when you login try changing an item and THEN logging out. That sometimes kicks the api gears into motion. Also, try the good ol’ clearing of the browser cache.
With the realm merges, you may have noticed some characters won’t load on our site.That’s because they also won’t load on the battle.net armory api. If they don’t load via the api, we can’t load them automatically either (since we get the data from battle.net). Also, as of the patch on Feb 18, it looks like a lot of characters aren’t loading via the api. Blizzard is actively working on a fix, so it shouldn’t be too much longer, IF it isn’t already fixed for you.
Sometimes your character loads on the armory, but not in the API. If you’d like to check your character on the API, here’s a link (replace your realm/name)
If there is a space in your realm name, use a dash instead (as shown above).
How to use the copy/paste method to update your character:
Note, this only works on characters that can already be loaded on to our site. This is meant to update your character when the ‘update from armory’ button returns an error due to battle.net api issues.
All steps are part of the FREE site. No need to subscribe.
1. Open the Ask Mr. Robot addon in game. (Don’t have it? Get it from Curse).
2. Go to the “Best in Bags” tab in the addon (lower left)
3. Copy the text in the box on that screen. NOTE whenever your gear changes, click the “Update” button at the bottom of that window first, THEN copy the text from the box.
4. Return to AskMrRobot.com. Click the green “Import” button to the right of your character name.
5. A window will open up. Paste the text in the white box.
6. Click the orange “Import” button at the bottom of that window.
Your character now has updated gear, talents and glyphs.
If you want to get that data into SimC, click the ‘export to SimC’ button found just above your stats section on our site. Grab the code and paste it into SimC.
Kicking the API into gear
Sometimes when the armory has issues, the API gets ‘stuck’ on some characters. One way to jumpstart the API again is to login to WoW. Change something on your character, like a piece of gear, etc. Logout. That sometimes forces an update for your character on the blizzard API.