Patch 8.2 has a lot of new items and gearing mechanics. First things first, let’s jump into the current status of optimization on our site.
Current status – Quick overview
Also hop on over to our developer’s forum post to easily track status.
Update on Thursday, June 27.
The remaining special effects for Vision of Perfection are implemented for all classes now, including healers and tanks. The simulator is fully functional for all gear, including raid gear. (With an exception: the special effect for Cursed Lover’s Ring probably won’t be implemented).
Gear rankings (optimizations) are continuing to run and we hope to have the majority of the classes live at the end of the weekend.
Update on Wednesday, June 26.
- The handful of special effects that weren’t implemented on launch are almost done:
- Memory of Lucid Dreams works for all classes now
- Brewmaster Monks and Protection Paladins didn’t have essences added into their rotations on launch but they are now fully implemented.
- Vision of Perfection needed to be implemented for all specs. Some specs are still outstanding and will be updated tomorrow. It is currently fully implemented for Protection Warrior, Mistweaver Monk, Destruction Warlock, Fury Warrior, and Marksmanship Hunter.
- Gear rankings (optimizations) will start running in full force overnight. If you are on the glonet, start your clients 🙂
Status as of Tuesday, June 25, 10 AM PST
- New gems & enchants: live & will be recommended in optimizations
- The “Punchcard” trinket is implemented in the simulator, including rotations. The punchcards are ranked in optimizations.
- New gear: can be browsed in all of our gear lists, but items with special effects are not yet ranked in optimizations. With one exception: the punchcards have initial rankings for the Pocket-Sized Computation Device.
- Addon is updated and version 77 or higher will be required in order to import/export the essences, punchcard, etc.
Outstanding items as of June 25.
- Special effects on gear & essences: nearly all effects are implemented in the simulator as of June 25. Nearly every effect is also implemented in the rotations, with a handful being finished up by end of day Tuesday, June 25 (see below). The following effects are still being implemented or added to rotations throughout today.
Memory of Lucid Dreams is not yet implemented for Fire & Frost Mages, Retribution & Protection Paladins, Shadow Priest, and Elemental & Enhancement Shamans.Added June 26. Essences need to be added to rotations for Brewmaster and Protection Paladin.Added June 26.
- Vision of Perfection needs to be added to class rotations. Update on June 26: Fully implemented for Protection Warrior, Mistweaver Monk, Destruction Warlock, Fury Warrior, and Marksmanship Hunter.
- The special effect on Hyperthread Wristwraps isn’t implemented yet.
- The special heal effect on Cursed Lover’s Ring is not implemented and probably won’t be in the future.
- Gear rankings (optimizations) – we are running simulations throughout the week so we can optimize your gear automatically for you. We will update the site each day with the specs that have completed simulations. Keep an eye on the site’s announcements and/or this forum post to find out when your spec is ready.
Note: Initial testing makes it look like a handful of the special effect items are noticeably over (or under) powered. We anticipate balances over the next few weeks, as well as within a few weeks of the dungeon and raid release, as Blizzard gathers real-game data for analysis.
A note on Special effects – items, essences, etc
Fun fact: 8.2 added as many ‘special effect’ items as the launch of BfA and all previous patches, combined. We’ve been working hard on testing them in-game to make sure we know how every proc works in order to implement them. It’s taken a bit longer than expected because there are just sooo many. Continue reading