Mr. Robot’s gears are grinding all day, so naturally he’s an expert on the subject Let’s go over a few of the most common questions we get here at Team Robot HQ:
Bring your optimizations in-game with our new addon
Import your gems, enchants and reforges right to our in-game mod!
- View your shopping list
- Automatically search the auction house for the gems and enchants you need
- Automatically reforge your gear with the click of one button
- COMING SOON! Automatically gem your gear! That’s right, Mr. Robot will gem your gear for you (but only if you push the button… you can still do it manually if you’d like). If you’d like to test it out in our beta, download the beta mod here.
- Send your shopping list to a friend or an alt via guild chat, whispers or even in-game mail
Which bosses should I spend my bonus rolls on?
We’ve all been there.. 2 weeks of rolls (or more!) and all we see are failbags. The rage is setting in… Well, Mr. Robot can help make sure that when you DO win, you’re maximizing the use of that roll. I mean… what if you win and it’s a DOWNGRADE? I know the answer to that… a rage bender, with desks being over turned, computers being thrown out the window… it’s not pretty.
So make sure you know what you’re getting into with each roll. Mr. Robot will tell you the chance you’ll win an upgrade (and how many items from each boss are downgrades). It may turn out that a later boss in Flex drops a weapon that’s a bigger upgrade than a pair of boot from an earlier boss in Normal mode. Or maybe it’s worth saving a bonus roll to get a set item, regardless of it being normal or flex (or even LFR depending on your gear level). Play with the bonus roll feature on your character, a few things might surprise you!
First, optimize your character and note your score. This helps you put the upgrade values in context. For example, my score is 57204. So an upgrade worth 570 points is roughly a 1% upgrade.
Which Flex wings have the best & most upgrades?
Some of you might have the time to run every wing on every difficulty – in that case, carry on! But some of you might only have enough time to run a few things each week. If that’s the case, Mr. Robot can help you prioritize and find out which bosses/wings give you the best upgrades.
Click the Find Upgrades button, and select the Flex option in the drop down menu.
Is it worth running any LFR wings? Do they have any worthwhile upgrades?
This is a good question! When patch 5.4 first hit, my restoration druid was iLevel 527. So naturally the iLevel 528 items I could get from LFR didn’t seem worth it. But it turns out that both LFR wings had items that were just over a 1% increase for me.So it was up to me to decide if I wanted to LFR for a chance at 1% upgrades. Now my gear is high enough that I’d only run LFR if I really, really wanted to complete some set bonuses.
Click the find upgrades button, then select the LFR option in the drop down menu. Here’s what we get for my iLevel 528 character:
And look at the score for the next wing 3, with a 3,600 point upgrade (over a 6% score increase). WHOA! Alright, that’s worth running for sure. And if I have spare time, it looks like the first 2 wings are also worth it if.
What should I upgrade with my Burdens of Eternity?
You can thank Mr. Robot’s twitter fans for this one – so many people tweeted asking how to spend their Burdens of Eternity, that we added in a new feature for it Here’s what the numbers mean:
- Chance: This shows the chance you get an upgrade. 100% means all of the random variants are upgrades, whereas 50% would mean half of the possible random variants are downgrades. And 0% means none of the items for that slot are upgrades.
- Average: This is the average score of all of the possible upgrades for that slot. Downgrades are NOT factored into the average.
- Top Score: This is the score of the best possible random variant you can get for each slot – and the item listed to the left of that column shows which item that is.
I have a lot of new gear, what should I equip?
This is where Best in Bags comes in. Mr. Robot will dig through your bags and find the best gear for both your main and offspecs. And off spec sets are worth noting here: Mr. Robot will juggle gear around to make sure your main spec is in tip-top shape, and then focus on the offspec with leftover gear and ‘locked in’ main spec gear (locked in means he won’t change the gems/enchants/reforges from your main spec version). Watch the short video for an explanation, then get more information here.