If your character’s gear, stats, or anything else isn’t updating right on our site, don’t fret! The armory API is going through a lot of changes and might not be working quite right. But we have a workaround for you, that uses our in game addon.
How to use our workaround to update your character:
This is meant to update your character when the ‘update from armory’ button returns an error due to battle.net api issues, or your character doesn’t load on our site.
All steps are part of the FREE site. No need to subscribe.
1. Open the Ask Mr. Robot addon in game. To do that, click on the orange robot mini-map icon, or type /amr show in the chat window. (Don’t have it? Get it from Curse or our website).
2. Go to the “Export” tab in the addon (upper left)
3. Copy the text in the box on that screen. To copy, press CTRL+C, or Cmd+C on a mac.
4. Return to AskMrRobot.com. Click the green “Import(from Addon)” button just above your character name.
5. A window will open up. Paste the text in the white box.
6. Click the orange “Import” button at the bottom of that window.
Your character now has updated gear, talents and glyphs.
If you want to get that data into SimC, click the ‘export to SimC’ button found to the right of your gear in the “Now What” section. Note this is only available when looking at optimized gear, best in bags, or best in slot.