We’re giving a lot of love to healers and tanks with our new combat log feature. Analyzing combat logs for them is a lot harder, but we’re up for the challenge. We have a lot of pretty cool features in mind.
There will be a LOT more information than what is in these screenshots. Our goal is to show data in ‘easy to understand’ screens without causing information overload. And each screen lets you drill down to get more information, for example, clicking on a spell lets you see all of the information you could ever want about that spell.
Healers need a lot of love! Of course we’ll cover the basics, like healing, overhealing and absorbs. But we want to go a lot further than that and help you improve healing on your team. We also want to have a little fun with some new things, like our “Near Death Experience” metric that will show which players almost died but were saved (and by whom).
- Accurately track absorbs: We’ve written special code that tracks them much better, being able to tell exactly what absorbs were used and when.
- Mana tracking: this allows us to do all sorts of cool things, like help suggest the right amount of spirit, when to use mana regen abilities (like innervate), and so on.
- Ability uses vs hit/ticks: this is a big one for HoTs like rejuvenate. We will show how many times you actually cast it (far left column), as well as the number of hits/ticks.
- Healer stat weights: our ultimate goal is to be able to suggest stat weights for healers based on their combat logs. If you use a lot of HoTs you might be best off favoring one stat, vs favoring another stat if you use a lot of your big, direct heal. We will be able to tailor weights to your play style. All with the click of one button 🙂
A lot of the value for tanks will come in our ‘performance analysis’ tool. We’ll try to analyze how efficiently you’re using your defensive cooldowns. Are you using them enough? Are you using them at the right time in each fight? We want to add ways to identify how in danger you were of dying – did you get lucky and live, or did you live because ‘you’re doing it right’ ? Here’s a few general things we’ll cover at launch:
- TMI: We can calculate the TMI, which is a ‘damage smoothness’ metric for tanking, developed by Theck.
- Damage mitigation: we’re giving you a visual way to see how much damage a tank mitigates with blocks and absorbs.
- Resource tracking: we’ll be able to show you how efficiently you’re using resources
- Death analysis (for all characters) will be really badass. More on that in another blog post.
As always, tell us what you think!