Our combat logs are now in open alpha, anyone can check it out by going to http://beta.askmrrobot.com/combatlog. NOTE: If you want to make a login for the combat logs, you need to make a NEW, SEPARATE account on beta.askmrrobot.com. We did that in case something goes terribly wrong, it won’t affect your main account 🙂
We’re taking a fresh approach to combat logs. Since Mr. Robot is really good at complicated math, he’s adding a new element to logs that no one else has done: combat analysis. We’re collecting a lot of data on the backend and writing algorithms to asses how people are playing, what works and what doesn’t, then presenting that to users as “actionable” information. We’re working on this tool in 3 phases:
- Combat log parsing: This is what you’re familiar with from other combat logs sites – we parse through data and display it in some tables and graphs. We raised the bar a bit and cleaned up a lot of the data, categorized buffs, and relabeled abilities for easy identification (like the mastery procs for many classes). This is all currently live and can be tested out on http://beta.askmrrobot.com/combatlog
- Combat log analysis: We analyze each fight FOR you – instead of you digging through tables and data for 15 or 30 minutes, we want to summarize the important information for you. This is no easy feat, but we’re good at the hard stuff. We’re currently working on these algorithms behind the scenes (they aren’t live yet).
- Statistical analysis: There’s a lot of logs and a lot of data. No one has aggregated all of this rich data and presented the community with useful, actionable info. We have grand plans for this and we’re collecting all of that data from logs you’re uploading right now! As we collect enough, we’ll have some pretty cool stats to share.
Phase 1: Getting the Basics Right
We wanted to design an interface that is simple, less data dense, and highlights the important things. We also want to make sure navigating through the reports is easy and each report clearly shows what you’re looking at. Check out the video tour.
To follow along in the video, or to see a report in more depth, here are some links:
- Firehawk’s guild log
- Shadow Priest damage & ability grouping
- Healing overview and player healing breakdown
- Buff breakdown for a single player
- Dispells and interrupts
- Deaths on Immersius, Crushlife’s death, and death event view
- TMI implementation
Give the combat log a try – it’s easy!
Browse logs: it’s easy! Go to beta.askmrrobot.com/combatlog. Use the tabs at the top to search for rankings, players, guilds, or get a list of your own logs.
Upload a log:
- Go to beta.askmrrobot.com/combatlog
- Click the green ‘upload a log’ link in the center of the page (right above the word ‘players’)
- Download the client and install it (similar to the curse client, or other similar programs).
- After installation, you should be prompted to install the addon if you don’t already have it. If you aren’t prompted, click the ‘addon’ link at the top of the program window and install it.
- Go in game and start logging. To browse our options, open our addon (click the AMR icon on the minimap, or type /amr show. One of the options is to ‘automatically log Siege of Orgrimmar. That means you’ll never forget, and it will always log 🙂
- When your raid is over, follow the instructions to upload a log.
Questions? Ask & We Will Answer:
- My login doesn’t work: You need a separate login for the beta servers (it can be the same as your regular AMR account if you want). To do this, go to beta.askmrrobot.com and create an account. Note it’s the beta subdomain, not ‘www.’
- Do you support live logging? YES! It’s an option in the client program – you’ll see a place to start a live logging session.
- Do you have private logs? YES! It’s an option when you upload the log. Once it’s private, you can’t make it public. To share a private log, copy the link and share it with your friends (privately, of course). Private logs will NOT show up in searches.
- Do I need to make an account? NO! If you do have an account, we can get a list of all of your logs for you with no hassle. But if you don’t want to create an account or login, you can still upload logs. And we’ll still be able to identify your guild and characters for the search feature.
- Is this free? YES! Everything you see currently will always be free. We want the basic parsing and reports to be accessible to everyone, just like our optimizations always have been too 🙂
- Will I have to pay to keep my logs for a long time? NO! Other combat log sites in the past have charged to keep logs longer than 2 weeks. We don’t like that! Your logs will be stored for a very, very long time, likely a couple of years.
- Does everyone in the raid need your addon? NO! Only the person logging actually needs it. However, the person logging collects gear data from everyone else who has our addon installed. The members don’t need to do anything EXCEPT have the addon. We handle all of the data collection behind the scenes, it’s easy as pie 🙂