The script scales with the custom fight duration you put in.
- Phase 1 lasts until Garothi gets down to 65%
- Phase 2 (Apocalypse Drive) lasts for 20 seconds, which is about the length it is taking in logs. * I will be collecting more data this week and adjust the average if needed
- Phase 3 lasts until the boss is at 25% health.
- Phase 4 (Apocalypse Drive) lasts for 20 seconds.
- Phase 5 (Burn phase) is the last 25% of Garothi’s health
This article describes the default script. I also have variations that may interest you.
While the scripts are totally customizable, the user interface isn’t as friendly or self explanatory as we normally present. So if you have a request for a variation, let us know in Discord or our Forums.
To use a custom script, click the link and then click the ‘add to my list’ button at the top of the page. You can then select it in the boss menu on the sim setup page.
- A version where Bloodlust happens at the end of the fight, “Garothi Bloodlust at End.”
- For players who ignore Eradication: melee who use cooldowns to stay in range of the boss, and ranged players who don’t move toward the back of the room, “Garothi (H) – Ignore Eradication.”
- For ranged players who aren’t good at the ‘run and gun’ while moving, you’ll find you lose DPS compared to the default script. Try this script instead, which assumes you lose some spell casts while moving, “Garothi (H) – Move it.” I actually like to sim myself using the default and this one to see how much DPS I can gain if I practice dps’ing while on the run.
- For dual wielders: Garothi has a bug where you can’t miss. Normally for bosses you can’t get behind, your attacks can’t be parried or blocked, otherwise it would be unfair to you. However, your attacks should still miss. But on Garothi (just like Krosus), you can’t miss. Here’s a script for that: “Garothi (H) – No Miss Bug.”
Bloodlust happens at the beginning of the fight by default.
These are little green puddles that 1-3 people have to stand in to soak damage.
- The number of puddles spawned scales with your raid size, averaging about 1 zone per 4 players.
- In the script, we assumed melee have a 20% chance to have to soak a puddle, based on placement or absent minded ranged.
- We assumed 100% of ranged will soak, allowing melee to stay in range of boss when possible.
- ~1.5 – 2.5 seconds of run time required (random run time selected within that range)
- Repeats every 32 seconds.
When players are targeted they have to run far away before the decimation is dropped, then continue to run to get out of it.
- The number of targets scales with your raid size, where DPS and healers have a 28% chance to be targeted.
- In the script, if melee get targeted, we assume they are out of range of the boss.
- If ranged get targeted, we assume that 10% of the time they will be out of range of the boss, and 90% of the time they will maintain range on the boss while running.
- Assume 2.7-3.3 seconds of running (for ranged) or losing range of the boss (for melee).
- Repeats every 32 seconds.
Phase 2 – Kill a weapon during Apocalypse Drive
This script has you killing the annihilation weapon first, since that appears to be the heavily favored strategy.
This is the green strip that appears during Apocalypse Drive.
- Assume melee and ranged are always in range of the boss
- Very small amount of movement, 0.8 – 1.2 seconds to move a few steps.
- Repeats every 5 seconds
This is a raidwide AoE that does less damage the further away you are. So people run to the back of the room.
- Assume 4-5 seconds of movement time, and loss of range of the boss for melee (assume ranged can still target boss). Melee end up 40 yards away from the boss and the scripts will use gap closers when possible. The default script does not account for people who stay in range of the boss and use cooldowns to survive or mitigate the blast. But I have a variation that does, “Garothi (H) – Ignore Eradication.”
Phase 3 – Empowered Decimation
- More people are targeted during the empowered version of Decimation, such that you have a 42% chance to be targeted and required to run.
- Assume 2.7 – 3.3 seconds of run time and loss of range of the boss for melee.
- Repeats every 16 seconds.
Phase 4 and 5
Phase 4 repeats to mimic the previous Apocalypse Drive. And phase 5 is a burn to take the boss down as fast as possible.