Why should you install Mr. Robot’s addon for Highmaul and upload logs? Because… COOL STUFF! Once we collect enough data from you and other smart, talented, beautiful players like you, Mr. Robot can do a LOT! Besides just buttering you up with compliments, he can tell you…
For each player:
- Talents: The popularity of talents & glyphs from players in the 95% percentile for each boss. This helps you decide if you should talent switch for another boss.
- Damage & gear: When looking at different gear sets, Mr. Robot can tell you what players in the 95th and 50th percentile are doing for DPS (for each boss!). So you can see what the best (and average) players are doing with various levels of gear.
- Performance over time: For each boss, we can graph your performance over time (on successful kills).
For your team:
- iLevel: We are tracking the average item level of each team and can tell you fun things with that. My favorite: what is the average iLevel of the worst 5% for each boss kill? These are the people barely scraping by, probably everyone but a hunter died who got the killing blow 🙂 Anyway, this will give you the ‘gear check’ level of a boss, so you know where your team stands.
- Team Composition: We can tell you if teams with extra shamans tend to have higher kill ratios, as an example.
- DPS & HPS: We can correlate damage and healing to successful boss kills, so you can see how your team compares.
- And more!
We will be able to find people just like you, who perform a bit better, and help you compare the logs. Instead of looking at the top 1% who have gear 30 iLevels higher, look at the top percent of people who have gear just like yours. AND we will auto-compare a lot of the data for you, so you don’t have to sift through logs.
Get the Addon & Get Started!
All of these cool features require someone from your team uploading logs, and as many people as possible having the addon. The only way we get accurate gear, talent and glyph data on your character for EACH boss attempt, is if you have the addon installed. You don’t have to be the one logging the raids, just have it installed and enabled. As long as someone from your team is using the addon to log your raids, their addon will talk to your addon (behind the scenes, without disturbing you), and collect your gear, talent and glyph data.
So let’s upload your log!
1. Go to http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog and click “upload a log.”
2. If you don’t have the desktop program installed yet, you’ll see a big green install button. Click it! This is what our desktop program looks like.
3. Process your logs with our desktop program. You’ll see a nifty section that shows you who Mr. Robot collected gear, talent and glyph data for (and who he didn’t). That data is automatically collected for everyone who has our addon installed. They don’t need to do ANYTHING, other than have it installed.
For people who’s gear was collected, you will get a view like this on the combat logs:
This is only a preview of the basic parts of the combat logs. The fancy features will be coming as soon as we have enough data.