Our private beta has been successful and now it’s ready for mass-testing.
To get started:
- If you currently have the Mr. Robot addon installed (old version), delete it. You can find it in the addons folder. AND you also need to delete the askmrrobot.lua saved variables, which can be found here: warcraft folder > WTF > account > account name > server > character > saved variables. Delete any askmrrobot files.
- Download the new mod. Place it in your addon folder.
How to report bugs:
Mr. Robot may be handing out treats to people who submit (good) bugs!
- Email email@example.com. The subject will be the title of the bug.
- Refer to the version number, in this case it’s 1.1.7
- Give a description of the problem. Also provide a walk through of what you did that caused the bug. For example, “I imported a string, switched specs, went to the gem tab, and the gems were missing.”
- Screenshots are super helpful!
- Provide the import string you used when the error occurred
- Provide any lua errors (if you don’t have a lua bug handler, there are a couple to try: Bug Grabber or Swatter)
- BONUS! Any further investigation you do to rule out problems will earn you robot love. For example, try turning off other mods and seeing if you can reproduce the problem. If an item seems to bug something out, try removing the item.
- BONUS! If you don’t mind us contacting you, include your skype username in the bug. We may send you a new version of the mod that we *hope* fixes a problem you reported. If we reach out to you, it will be an invite from Adam T or Veronica T.
- 99% sure we got the elusive ‘equip item’ bug fixed when you already had that item equipped (only affected a handful of items)
- Added extra information to the shopping list. Even more details to come in a future version.
- Note: ret paladin’s will get an error. The fix is on our website end (not the mod’s end) – so that won’t be updated until monday night. To manually fix it, edit the import string. Where it says spec=67, change it to spec=70.
- Outstanding issue: when using an import string with an item that has empty sockets, Mr. Robot says ‘no change.’ We’ll be fixing that soon.
Limited Window for Testing
The beta will end once we update our site for 5.4 (which is either Sunday or Monday night). You see, we do a check in the mod to make sure your glyphs and talents match. Once we update for 5.4, all of the new talents and glyphs will show up in the import string, but they won’t match the game.
That means the mod will NOT work between our update and 5.4’s launch, until the data is all in sync again. So get testing 🙂