Get all of the details on Mythic+ item levels, which dungeons to run for your spec, and weekly cache rewards.
- New mythic+ item levels
- Suggested ilvl for running M+
- Which mythic+ dungeons have the best upgrades for you
- Weekly chest: the Great Vault
Mythic+ item levels
To refresh your memory, the level of gear increases based on the Key level you completed, up to M+15. After that, iLevels don’t increase. It functioned this way in BfA, and still does for Shadowlands. The chest at the end of a mythic+ dungeon rewards loot at the following levels:
- M +2: iLevel 187
- M +3: iLevel 190
- M +4: iLevel 194
- M +5: iLevel 194
- M +6: iLevel 197
- M +7: iLevel 200
- M +8: iLevel 200
- M +9: iLevel 200
- M +10: iLevel 204
- M +11: iLevel 204
- M +12: iLevel 207
- M +13: iLevel 207
- M +14: iLevel 207
- M +15: iLevel 210
There is a newsworthy change to these gear levels for Shadowlands: the highest loot from completing Mythic dungeons (210) is 3 iLevels lower than Heroic raid rewards (213). (The last 2 bosses of Castle Nathria (the first raid) drop level 220 gear).
In BfA, the Mythic +15 rewards were equal to Heroic loot (and actually 5 levels higher for the last ‘season’ of M+).
For reference, here’s a list of gear levels based on raid difficulty for the first Shadowlands raid. The value in parenthesis is the level dropped by the last 2 bosses.
- LFR: 187 (194)
- Normal: 200 (207)
- Heroic: 213 (220)
- Mythic: 226 (233)
Mythics drop more than 1 item. This summer, Blizzard’s Ion Hazzikostas mentioned an example of reduced drop rates where Mythic plus runs might only drop 1 item. That didn’t end up happening. Mythics DO drop multiple items after completion.
Suggested item level to time M+ groups
A group with average skill should be able to run mythics with the following gear levels:
- M +0: 160-170
- M +2: Should be able to time it with 165-170 gear
- M +3: Time it with 170-175
- M +4: Time it with 170-180
- M +5: Time it with 175-185
- M +6: Time it with 175-185
- M +7: Time it with 180-190
- M +8: Time it with 180-195
- M +9: Time it with 185-195
- M +10: Time it with 190-200
Notes from our runs with casual but skilled players, with non-perfect group comps:
- M0 will be hard but doable with iLvl 150, not bad with 160, but go for 170 if tolerance for wipes is low
- M 6, 7, and 8 are easy to time at high 180s if the group is coordinated
- You can time a +10 in 190 gear with a ‘meta’ spec (that excels at mythic dungeons), for a generally skilled player
These aren’t iLevels required by PUGs, instead they are realistic guidelines for running mythics with your friends. I ran with a group of our average (but good) players with these levels and timed each key (although some came down to the wire!) For example, I was the healer and undergeared at 161 and we timed the M+4 Halls of Atonement (everyone else was at least 170).
For what it’s worth, Halls of Atonement seems to be one of the easier mythics to time.
Which mythic plus dungeons have the best upgrades for you?
Unfortunately, a simple, static gear list won’t be helpful here, because it is highly depending on the gear you have equipped. On the plus side (pun intended), it’s easy for a computer to create a custom tailored hit-list for you (which Mr. Robot can do).
Let’s take a recent level 60 Havoc Demon Hunter as an example. His current gear is on the left and the best upgrades are on the right (from our Upgrade Finder tool)
What does this list of gear say?
- A new main hand would be a big upgrade and he has a lot of great options from four different dungeons.
- 3 of the top 10 upgrades are from Sanguine Depths that are each about 10% improvements (#2, #4, and #6 in the list).
- The full list (not pictured) includes 65 items that drop from mythic+
- The list can be searched and filtered by item name, gear slot, stats, boss, etc.
- Any mythic plus level can be chosen, including regular dungeons and mythic 0 (under the ‘more searches’ options)
Side note: the Upgrade Finder is part of our premium tools, which cost either $2 per month or $12 per year. Everyone gets to try them out free for a week (no credit card required bc we don’t believe in playing those games. If you like it, you will upgrade at the end. If you don’t like it, then we shouldn’t get your money). If a free trial doesn’t automatically start for you, contact us so we can reset it.
New weekly chest: The Great Vault
The weekly chest reward in Shadowlands will still give you one piece of loot, however you will be able to choose what from a selection of up to 9 items. If you don’t like any of the options, you can also choose to get a currency reward instead.
Check out “How gear works: The Great Vault” for more details.
How do you get choices each week?
Completing Mythic dungeons, killing raid bosses, and earning Conquest Points in PvP all contribute loot choices to your weekly Great Vault chest. Each of those categories can earn you up to 3 item choices. Earning the first one requires the least effort and gets progressively harder.
- Raids: Kill 3 / 7 / 10 raid bosses
- Mythic Dungeons: Complete 1 / 4 / 10 dungeons
- PvP: Earn 125 / 350 / 875 conquest points
Check out “How gear works: The Great Vault” for more details.
How key level affects your weekly cache choices
In BfA, the weekly M+ cache reward is based off the highest key you completed. This is still the case for the first weekly choice earned for completing M+ dungeons, but gets a bit more complex when meeting the 4 or 10 dungeon goal.
Thanks to World of Moudi for laying it out clearly, “when you have reached [4-dungeon] goal, you will be rewarded based on your lowest of top 4 keys you completed that week.” For the 1-dungeon goal, it would take the 10th best key.
Let’s look an example, assuming you ran 12 dungeons that week:
Based on our current knowledge, here’s how the item levels would work for your weekly cache:
- Complete 1 Mythic Dungeon: this takes your best key, which would be +10 in this example.
- Complete 4 Mythic Dungeons: this takes your 4th best key, which would be +9 in this example.
- Complete 10 Mythic Dungeons: this takes your 10th best key, which would be +8 in this example.
Let’s say you ran one more dungeon before the week ended on a +11. Your new rewards would be:
- Complete 1 Mythic Dungeon: +11
- Complete 4 Mythic Dungeons: your 4th best key was a 9, but is now a 10 because your best key pushed everything down.
- Complete 10 Mythic Dungeons: this would still be +8
Weekly cache rewards are higher than end of dungeon loot
Rewards added to your weekly Great Vault choices are higher item level than loot at the end of the dungeon. Here’s the current item levels based on the Key level:
- M +2: iLevel 200
- M +3: iLevel 203
- M +4: iLevel 207
- M +5: iLevel 210
- M +6: iLevel 210
- M +7: iLevel 213
- M +8: iLevel 216
- M +9: iLevel 216
- M +10: iLevel 220
- M +11: iLevel 220
- M +12: iLevel 223
- M +13: iLevel 223
- M +14: iLevel 226
- M +15: iLevel 226
Ranked vault rewards
Use the Great Vault option in the Upgrade Finder to ranks your Great Vault rewards each week. The items can be imported from the addon and you get a ranked list in seconds.
For a full tutorial, see How to pick the item from your Great Vault.