Gear Changes for Patch 6.0.2:
- Official patch notes
- Stat squish: all of your stats have been ‘squished’ in the patch.
- Reforging is gone. All gear returns to its pre-reforged state.
- Hit and Expertise are gone
- Dodge and parry aren’t really ‘good’ anymore. Crit now gives some classes and specs parry (like with Riposte for Warriors, which now makes crit give you parry)
- Agility and Intellect no longer give Critical Strike
- Profession bonuses to combat no longer give bonuses. For example JC gems now give the same amount of stats as a regular gem.
- Gear upgraded with Valor stays upgraded. You can still upgrade MoP gear, but you use 50 lesser charms per upgrade instead of Valor.
- New level 550 gear from the updated level 90 Upper Blackrock Spire!
- Mr. Robot’s “Best in Bag” feature will be free for a week, starting on Tuesday. Think of it like Best in Slot, but for items found in your bags and bank.
Mr. Robot’s status: Live on Tuesday, Oct 14!
We’re releasing our Warlords site on Oct 14 as a beta on our live site. The beta will start with Level 90 characters, since none of us will be 100 yet, and we want the site to be usable in this ‘in between’ period. The goal is the make the site work for 6.0.2, while focusing the majority of our efforts on perfecting everything for level 100 in WoD.
Take a sneak peek at the new UI launching with 6.0.2:
Some notes from Mr. Robot:
- Stat weights: we will be adjusting them to get them in the ballpark. We’ve done the first round of research to achieve this. As we get closer to WoD, we’ll have more thorough research and input from theorycrafters.
- Gear: In preparation for WoD, we’ve removed gear some of the lower level 90 gear from the ranked lists. We will still be ranking everything from timeless isle or higher, including SoO, legendary, world boss drops, timeless isle, anything from a vendor that’s 476+, anything epic and crafted 476+, any epic quest rewards 476+. Gear from the new level 90 Upper Blackrock Spire has been added. event has been added in. Warlords gear will be added in later.
- Trinkets: Take all level 90 trinket estimates with a grain of salt, a lot of things have changed on them, and our estimates are ‘rough’ and haven’t been vetted like they usually are. We’re focusing efforts on ranking WoD trinkets. The amplification trinkets now have a static estimate (instead of dynamic like before), but your stats will calculate correctly at the end. We did this because amp trinkets are being removed in WoD, so we didn’t re-write the complicated code for it (sorry!)
- Set Bonuses: These will not be perfect, we’re taking a guess during this transitional phase. After that, they will be irrelevant.
- Socket Bonuses: We will fudge socket bonuses a bit, instead of complicated code for level 90 gear, we’re just going to cheat a bit since new gear won’t have socket bonuses. The optimizations will still work, but we will not be guaranteeing the optimal solution during this transitional phase.
- Meta gems & Legendary: we are hard coding the best gem for each class for this interim period.
- Tolerance: the ‘interim’ optimizer will be less tolerant of silly human things, like setting 0 for all of your weights (it’s happened). We are focusing efforts on making it awesome for WoD instead of ‘silly human’ proofing it.
- PvP optimization will be VERY rough.
What happens to optimizations?
We will still optimize you! We’re adjusting stat weights to get them in the ballpark, while we do our normal fine-tuning as people reach level 100. And remember, you can always edit them yourself. One thing you will notice right away: without hit and expertise in the game, all of those caps are gone. So stats will likely move around on gems and enchants.
With reforging gone, is my gear bad?
The problem here, is that many of us have reforged so much gear, and made it so customized, that the original items might not actually be very good for us. Mr. Robot’s “Best in Bags” feature will search through all of your gear and find you the best setup.
And because we think Best in Bags will be so helpful, we’re making it free for a week, starting Tuesday. The free trials are reset. So on Tuesday, just click the “Best in Bags” button and your free trial will automatically start. No credit card is ever collected for a free trial, because that’s just shady, and we don’t like shady.
And here’s what we up to for Warlords!
Game Specifics for 6.0.2 (With a few Warlords Tidbits)
The special bonuses you used to get from professions, like extra gem slots for Blacksmiths, special enchant slots for enchanters, shoulder inscriptions, etc, are removed.
- Old enchants that have hit and expertise have been converted to other stats.
- Old enchants can’t be applied to items higher than iLevel 600. However, you can still apply MoP enchants to your legendary cloak, even if it’s upgraded past 600. I tested this again on 10/9/14.
- New enchants (in Warlords) will only cover neck, cloak, rings and weapons. You can also modify the appearance of the weapon enchants. (WoD)
- Existing (old) gear will keep sockets and bonuses. Existing gems will keep their original stats (including primary stats), with the exception of hit and expertise, which are converted to other stats.
– Hit is converted to crit on old gems. Rigid River’s heart is +20 crit, for example. Precise Wild Jade should be +10 crit and +10 crit, but is wrong, verify!
– Expertise is converted to haste on old gems. Precise Primoridal ruby is +20 haste, for example. Verify wicked vermillion is correct (10 haste / 10 haste)
– Accurate Imperial Amethyst used to be +160 Hit and +160 Expertise. It is now +10 Crit and + 10 Haste.
- JC Gems (Serpent’s Eyes) can still be crafted, but they have the same value as a regular blue quality gem now, since professions no longer give additional combat bonuses. For example, Brillaint Serpent’s Eye is now +10 Int, and a Brilliant Primordial Ruby is also +10 Int.
- Stat squish drops old blue quality gems down to 10 for primary stats and 20 for secondary.
- In WoD, there will not be new hybrid gems, and new gems no longer give primary stats. Gem socket colors and bonuses will also be gone for new gear. (WoD)
- Here’s a list of the new gems, they are much simpler. They come in 2 qualities right now: +16 for regular and +20 for greater. They also require 5x of various herbs to make, along with a taladite gem. (WoD)
Critical Strike Taladite
- Flasks and potions increase primary stats in Warlords! There are 4 types of flasks that affect agility, strength, intellect and stamina. The regular ones give 200 stats, and greater give 250 stats. (WoD)
- Potions will affect primary stats as well, among other things. (WoD)
- New recipes in Warlords increase secondary stats (as opposed to primary stats in MoP). (WoD)
- The number of ‘servings’ you get increase with your cooking skill (new to WoD).
Engineering, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking and Tailoring
- In Warlords, each profession can make new 630 and 640 iLevel gear that is BoE and has a random stat. The random stats can be ‘rerolled’ with special essences. Those crafted items can also be upgraded twice with special ‘items’ as follows:
– 630 iLevel gets upgraded to 640 and 655
– 640 iLevel gets upgraded to 655 and 665
Herbalism, Mining, and Skinning:
They can all be done without any required skill level in Warlords. As you get a higher skill level, you get better stuff when picking flowers, mining nodes or skinning wildlife.
Increased Drop Rates for 6.0.2!
Garrosh heirloom drop rate significantly increased. If you don’t have an heirloom yet, you have a 100% chance to get a spec-appropriate item when killing garrosh on normal or higher. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/14014199/siege-of-orgrimmar-changes-in-patch-60-and-warlords-of-draenor-5-5-2014
50 WoD Facts Countdown
For more information, check out our countdown post with lots of facts!