Now that reforging is going away, what will Mr. Robot be up to?! For Warlords of Draenor, we will still optimize your gems and enchants for you, as always, but our main focus will shift to gear suggestions (what items to get) and player skill improvement.
Mr. Robot already helps you find gear with upgrade lists, bonus roll calculations, raid gear lookups, Best in Bags, and so on. And with the removal of reforging, picking the right gear will be even more important since you can’t change the stats. So we’re dedicated to helping you find the right gear for your characters, when you need it.
- Leveling up: we’ll be able to find the fastest ways for you to upgrade gear. Which dungeons, quests, vendors or rep grinds will help you the most (new feature!)
- Bag full of items: You know how it goes when an expansion launches… you end up with a bag full of gear and don’t know which items are best. That’s where our “Best in Bags” feature will really come in handy. This has been one of the most popular features on our site throughout Mists of Pandaria, and we have several planned improvements for it with Warlords of Draenor.
- iLevels & raid ready: Getting to the minimum raid iLevel is a mini-game in itself! We have a new feature planned for WoD that will tell you the fastest & easiest ways to get to your target iLevel.
- Raid min-maxing: Our current tools to help you improve raiding gear are here to stay, and we’ll be adding in some new features. We also plan to use combat log data to help you identify the best gear for your character, for each situation.
- Wish lists: Another new feature for WoD are wish lists. The idea is to notify you in-game when a boss drops an item from your wish list, prompting you to roll, bonus roll, or spend your DKP.
Combat logs & Data Analysis
Mr. Robot is really good at complicated math and programming. As proof of that, he’s managed to write an algorithm that finds you the single best optimization solution, out of quadrillions of relevant combinations. And he does this in less than 1/10th of a second, on average. It’s one of his proudest accomplishments. For Warlords of Draenor, Mr. Robot is applying his math skillz to combat analysis to provide actionable advice, something that’s been missing from the WoW tools community. To make this happen, we’re developing the tool in 3 phases:
- Combat log parsing: This is what you’re familiar with from other combat logs sites – we parse through data and display it in some tables and graphs. We raised the bar a bit and cleaned up a lot of the data, categorized buffs, and relabeled abilities for easy identification (like the mastery procs for many classes). This is all currently live and can be tested out on http://beta.askmrrobot.com/combatlog
- Combat log analysis: We analyze each fight FOR you – instead of you digging through tables and data for 15 or 30 minutes, we want to summarize the important information for you. This is no easy feat, but we’re good at the hard stuff. We’re currently working on these algorithms behind the scenes (they aren’t live yet).
- Statistical analysis: There’s a lot of logs and a lot of data. No one has aggregated all of this rich data and presented the community with useful, actionable info. We have grand plans for this and we’re collecting all of that data from logs you’re uploading right now! As we collect enough, we’ll have some pretty cool stats to share.